WBPSC Syllabus 2015
Candidates who are preparing for the exam of West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) may download the WBPSC Syllabus 2015 in the PDF format. Our team of bharatrecruitment.com has brought some latest updates regarding the same such as new exam pattern, syllabus etc. Please have a look below.
West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) conducts the exam for filling up the vacant seats such as, Asstt Engineer, Asstt Master and motor Vehicle Inspector etc in the West Bengal. Candidates start preparing for the exams according to the WBPSC Syllabus 2015 by downloading it from this page.
West Bengal Public Service Commission Syllabus 2015
- Idioms and Phrases
- Vocabulary test
- Phrasal Verbs
- Same words bearing more than one meaning
- Use of appropriate and qualifying words
General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science, including matters of everyday observation and experience as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline
History of India:
In History, emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic and political aspects.
Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social and Economic Geography of the country, including the main features of Indian Agricultural and Natural Resources with special reference to West Bengal.
Indian Polity and Economy:
Knowledge of the country’s Political System, Panchayatee Raj, Community Development and Planning in India, Questions on the Indian National Movement will relate to the nature and character of the Nineteenth Century Resurgence, Growth of Nationalism and Attainment of Independence
General Mental Ability:
It will relate to Logical perception, understanding and natural conclusion.
Main E xamination
- Letter writing
- Drafting of Report
- Precise Writing
- Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali to English
- Indian History with special emphasis on National Movement
- Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal
- Science and Scientific
- Technological advancement
- General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
The Constitution of India and Indian Economy
- Role and functions of Reserve Bank of India.
- Central State relation and devolution of central funds to state
- Planning process and objectives of five years plan
- Functions of RBI and Monetary policy
- Central Finance Commission & State Finance Commission and Fiscal Policy of Government of India.
Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning
- Logical Deduction
- Forcefulness of the Arguments
- Implication of sentences
- Letter series
- Number series
- Inferring from Data
- Analogy tests
- Symbol Interpretation
- Mathematical puzzles
- Odd man out, Perception test
- Non-verbal reasoning
- Selecting the correct sequence
- Matters of general interest
- Alertness of mind
- Power of clear and logical exposition
- Intellectual and moral integrity
- Range of interests.
Optional Subject Choice: Any One
- Political Science
Preliminary Exam Pattern:
|General Studies||English Composition||25||2½ hrs|
|Current events of National & International Importance||25|
|History of India||25|
|Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal||25|
|Indian Polity and Economy||25|
|Indian National Movement||25|
|General Mental Ability||25|
Main Exam Pattern:
|Group A||Group B||Group C||Group D|
|Paper-I||Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu||200||200||200||200||03 hrs each|
|Paper-V||The Constitution of India||200||200||200||200|
Note: For more details visit to the Syllabus.