KPSC KAS Syllabus 2015:
Candidates who are going to participate in Pre and Mains KAS exam of Karnataka Public Service Commission, they require KPSC KAS Syllabus 2015 to initiate their preparation. Here we are providing PDF for syllabus and New Pattern for Prelims and Mains exam so that candidates should not waste their time in searching for syllabus and exam pattern for the upcoming exam.
KPSC KAS Syllabus:
Prelims Exam Syllabus:
1. Paper I:
(i) Current events of National and International importance.
(ii) Humanities – History of India – Emphasis shall be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, cultural and political aspects with a focus on Indian national movement with special emphasis on Karnataka.
(iii)World Geography and Geography of India with a focus on Karnataka.
(iv)Indian polity and economy, including the country’s political system, rural development, planning and economic reforms in India-sustainable development, poverty alleviation, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
2. Paper II:
(i) Current events of State importance and important State Government programmes.
(ii) General Science & Technology, Environment & Ecology-contemporary developments in science and technology and their implications including matters of everyday observations and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline general issues on Health, environmental ecology, biodiversity and climate change that do not require subject specialization.
(iii) General Mental Ability- Comprehension, Logical reasoning and Analytical ability, Decision making, problem solving, Basic innumeracy (numbers and their relations, order of magnitude etc.,) and data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc., (class X/SSLC level).”
Mains exam Syllabus:
- Comprehension of given passages – 25 marks
- Precis writing – 25 marks
- Usage – 25 marks
- Vocabulary – 25 marks
- Short Essay – 25 marks
- Communication Skills – 25 marks
2. General Studies I:
1. Modern History of India and Indian Culture with special reference to the History and Culture of Karnataka
2. Current events of State, National and International importance
3. Statistical Analysis, Graphs and Diagrams.
General Studies II:
1. Indian Polity with special reference to Karnataka State
2. Indian Economy and Geography of India with Special reference to Karnataka
Economy and Karnataka Geography
3. The roll and impact of Science and Technology in the development of
Karnataka and India.
1. Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing Co-operation and Sericulture
2. Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Sciences and Fisheries
5. Civil Engineering
9. Electrical Engineering
14. Mechanical Engineering
18. Political Science & International Relations
20. Public Administration
24. Rural Development & Co-operation
New Pattern for Prelims and Main exam:
Prelims exam pattern:
In this exam, there are 100 questions in which each carries two marks will come .The exam duration is 2 hours.
|Paper I||General Studies related to National and
|Paper II||General Studies related to State Importance|
|General Science & Tech, Environment &
|General Mental Ability|
Mains exam Pattern:
Paper I and Paper II are of 150 marks each and Paper III, IV, V, VI, VII and VIII are of 300 marks each (300 marks for each paper of two papers for each optional subject).
|Paper III & IV||General Studies|
|Paper V,VI, VII, & VIII||Any two subjects to be chosen from the optional subjects list. Two papers are conducted for each subject|
Note: Candidates can download PDF of syllabus directly from here:
You may also like to Read