IPS Eligibility Criteria 2015
Those candidates, who want to make their career in Indian Police Service, may need to know the IPS Eligibility Criteria 2015, exam selection procedure etc. The entrance test for IPS (Indian Police Service) is conducted by Government of India for the employment of bright and career oriented candidates for the various posts in Indian Civil Services.
The examination of IPS is the hardest after IAS and it is also conducted by UPSC. On this page, we are describing all the details of IPS Eligibility Criteria 2015, exam notifications etc. On our official web portal at bharatrecruitment.com, applicants may also get all the latest job alerts and updates.
Union Public Service Commission
- The appliers must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates should have qualifying in the graduation degree program in any discipline from the reputed university included by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other learning institutions recognized by an Act of Parliament or confirmed to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
Candidates must be physically fit as it is a very important factor. Some other eligibility factors are shown below in the tabular format:
|Physical Requirement||For Male||For Female|
|For General / ST||For Others||For Unreserved / ST||For Reserved|
|Height||165cm||160 cm||150cm||145 cm|
|Chest||Minimum 84 cm, Expansion 5 cm||79 cm, expansion 5 cm|
|Eye Sight||6/6 or 6/9|
Age Limits Details:
- The aspirant’s age should be lies in between 21-32 years.
- The relaxation in age will give upto a maximum of five years for the SC/ST candidates.
- Applicants belonging to Other Backward Classes will be obtaining the three years relaxation in age.
Selection of the aspirants will be based on the exam and interview. The examination will divided into parts as prelim. Or main exam as shown below:
|Exam name||Duration Of The Exam||Maximum Marks|
|Civil Services Preliminary Exam||01 Day||200|
|Civil Services Mains Exam||05 Days||1550|
Those candidates, who are qualifying the preliminary exam, then go for the next main exam, and after that, which will clear the main exam can only eligible for the final session of personal interview.
You can get the updated details from this page, so you are recommended to continue in touch with us. The aspirant may bookmark this page to get immediate access and they can also subscribe our free email service to get details directly in your mailbox. You can also follow us on Facebook or Google+.
Note: For the recommended information go through the Official Website.
Check More Useful Links
|IPS Syllabus||Civil Services Exam Pattern|
|UPSC Syllabus||UPSC Eligibility Criteria|
|UPSC Study Material||Latest Govt. Jobs|