What Is The Salary Of IAS Officer
What is the salary of IAS officer? It is such a question which is being asked frequently by lakhs of job finders. If you want to know how much total money they get then you must go through this page. Indian Administrative Services is among the one of the most preferred job profiles in India. It offers the prestige of being associated with a government job and a host of benefits, facilities and perks at the same time.
In India, the different groups of government employees are entitled to receive different pay scales that directly indicate the maximum or minimum of their basic pay in accordance with their positions. IAS officers have some pay scales named as Junior Scale, Senior Time Scale, Junior Administrative Grade, Selection Grade and Super Time Scale in addition to basic pay. The salary of IAS officer is among the highest paying jobs in government sector. Here have a look at what the Indian Administrative Officers accept as pay scales. All government employees fall under a specific pay scale depends upon on their designation and service seniority, and it is no different for the IAS. The pay scale for the IAS can be broadly divided as:
|Name of Grade||Posts Name||Pay Scale + Grade Pay|
|Junior or Lower Time Scale||Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM), SDO, or Sub-Collector||Rs.15,600 – 39,100 + 5,400/-|
|Senior Time Scale||District Magistrate (DM) or Collector or a Joint Secretary of a Government Ministry||Rs.15,600 – 39,100 + 6,600/-|
|Junior Administrative||Special Secretary or the Head of Various Government Departments||Rs.15,600 – 39,100 + 7,600/-|
|Selection Grade||Secretary to a Ministry||Rs.37,400 – 67,000 + 8,700/-|
|Super Time Scale||Principal Secretary of a Very Important Department of the Government||Rs.37,400 – 67,000 + 8,700/-|
|Above Super Time Scale||Differs||Rs.37,400 – 67,000 + 12,000/-|
|Apex Scale||Chief Secretary of States, Union Secretaries in charge of various ministries of Government of India||Rs.80,000 (fixed)|
|Cabinet Secretary Grade||Cabinet Secretary of India||Rs.90,000 (fixed)|
Other facilities and perks of an IAS
- IAS officer is entitled to receive many benefits that can’t be counted. And somehow it is still a big cause that why job of IAS officer is exceedingly favorable in India. Here we are listing all the benefits, facilities, perks and salary of IAS officers:
- An IAS is usually given an excellent accommodation with its own Security guards, Cooks and servants. All of these are provided to him at a very low rent.
- He gets government cars, usually with Red lights.
- He also gets the benefit of free electricity supply and telephone bills.
- He gets the accommodation in excellent Government Bungalows and Rest houses during the official travels
- The employee will get the retirement benefits and a lifetime pensions
- Power and prestige is the best perks for an IAS.
- The security of the job is much more than in any kind of private sector job.
- They can take a study leave for 2 to 4 years from reputed foreign university, the fee of which will be compensated by the government.
Now just keep yourself alert and stay in touch with the authorized site for all the latest updates. We will update this page on regular basis.
More Related Links
|IAS Notification||IAS Syllabus|
|IAS Coaching Centers||How To Crack IAS Exam|
|IAS Exam Pattern / Selection Process||IAS Eligibility Criteria|
|IAS Previous Year Papers||IAS Best Reference Books|
|IAS Interview Questions||IAS Admit Card|