IAS Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who are going to apply for UPSC IAS(Indian Administrative Service) exam must know IAS Eligibility Criteria that includes nationality, Age Limit, Qualification, Selection Process etc. Complete IAS Eligibility Criteria 2016 is given here for applicant’s convenience.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Civil Services Written Exam for those eligible candidates who desire to become an IAS but before applying for this exam candidates must check the eligibility criteria.
Applicants who wish to serve their country as an IAS they must ensure that they accomplish the eligibility criteria or not. Contenders who wish to grab the job opportunity have to face Interview/ Personality Test if they want to fulfill their dreams.
To get other information regarding IAS Eligibility Criteria 2015 such as age limit, minimum qualifications, etc according to the categories (SC, ST, OBC and General) is given on this page of bharatrecruitment.com.
IAS Eligibility Criteria
Contenders who wish to apply for the Indian Administrative Service (IAS):
- must be a citizen of India,
- For other services, a competitor must be either
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal
- Candidates’ upper age limit should be 26 years for the unreserved category, 28 years for OBC and 29 years for SC/ST category.
- There will be further two years for physically challenged contenders in each category.
- age Relaxation is permissible (according to Category/ citizenship/ disability) as given below table:
|Category/ Citizenship/ Disability||Relaxation|
|SC/ ST||3 years|
Minimum Qualification Required:
- Contenders should possess Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline from recognized University/Institution.
- Applicants who are in the final year exam or waiting for their final year result may apply for Civil Services Preliminary Examination. But candidates must have to produce final result for appearing in Civil Services Main Examination.
- Candidates who possess professional/ technical qualifications which are recognized by Govt. as equivalent to professional and technical degree may also apply for IAS exam.
- In case if a candidate, who have passed the final certified MBBS or other Medical Examination but have not completed their internship by the time of submission of their applications for Civil Services (Main) Examination, will be temporarily admitted to the Examination. But is such cases the contender are necessary to produce original Degree or a official document from the concerned competent authority of the University / Institution at the time of interview.
Number of Attempts:
|For General||3 times|
|For OBC||5 times|
|For SC/ST||6 times|
Restrictions on applying for the Examination:
- An applicant, who are previous member of Indian Administrative Service or the Indian Foreign Service and continues that membership, will not be eligible to apply for this test.
- In case if contenders passes the preliminary exam of civil services but not crack the main exam, cannot be appropriate.
Aspirants who desire to grab this golden prospect must be physically fit as per the physical standards for admission to Civil Services Examination of a particular year (as per rule given in Rules for exam published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary during the year of exam).
Check Important Updates
|IAS Notification||IAS Syllabus|
|IAS Coaching Centers||IAS Previous Year Papers|
|IAS Exam Pattern / Selection Process||IAS Interview Questions|
|IAS Best Reference Books||How To Crack IAS Exam|
For more details about IAS Eligibility Criteria you can check the official website.