How To Prepare For PCS 2015
PCS Entrance Exam is considered to be a toughest examination in India and cracking PCS selection procedure is a very challenging task. One needs to put a lot of hard work into their preparation. We understand the difficulty of our visitors and are providing PCS Preparation Tips & Techniques so that participants does not have a question arises in mind that How to Prepare For PCS 2015.
As we know that PCS exam is held in two phases i.e. PCS Pre Exam and PCS Main exam under which main examination is further divided into two sections i.e. written test and Interview. For preparation of any competitive exam we should know the strategy used in cracking that exam.
Here on this page we are telling section wise secret tips & strategies. Please read and applies the same procedure and we are sure that you will definitely crack your PCS Entrance Exam.
Section Wise Strategies:
PCS Preliminary Exam:
This exam does not help in ranking but if you are not able to qualify it, you are not eligible for mains. So, please read the below content to score good marks in first phase.
Paper I: To qualify this paper, candidate will have to score minimum 30 marks and this is not a difficult task. For scoring marks you should have the knowledge of current events, Indian Policy and governance, history of India, Indian national movement, Indian and World Geography, environmental ecology, biodiversity and general science.
Preparation Tips for Paper I:
- For gaining knowledge related to these fields should regularly read magazines and newspapers.
- Keep an eye on latest happenings in the state or country.
- See the pattern of questions came in previous year and do your preparation according to it.
Paper II: Minimum scores needed to qualify this examination are 70 marks. Topics cover in this section is logical reasoning, analytical test, data interpretation, numeric series, and comprehension.
Preparation Tips for Paper II:
To clear this exam, you need to do a lot of practice before appearing in the exam as this part is totally based on mental ability.
- You can prepare it by solving previous year question papers.
- Reading English newspapers will increase your vocabulary and improves comprehension skills.
- Do practice of those topics which are asked maximum in previous exams.
PCS Main Exam:
This examination consists of two parts i.e. written exam and interview. This is the final selection round as scores gained in this exam is used for ranking purpose.
Now question arises in mind that “How to Prepare for PCS 2015” and our hard work lead to get job in Civil Services post. So, read these instructions and prepare according to it.
Written Examination: In this section there are nine papers, under which we have to qualify two papers and seven are used for ranking purpose. Candidate who will pass the qualifying paper is only eligible to be called for Personal interview round.
Preparation tips for written test
As in this section, you have to write essay and questions related to General studies with new topics will be asked.
- You must fix a time for learning and prepare your own notes.
- As internet is largest source for collecting information, so obtain more information from there.
- If you are facing any difficulty, then coaching/tuition is the best option. Instructors will provide you good experience about each topic you can face.
Interview round is obviously like a “personality test” conducted to know that whether a candidate appointed for the post will handle all responsibilities related to it. The recruitment authority wants to know that whether a participant along with academic studies had knowledge of current events happening in state or country.
Preparation tips for Interview
If you got an interview letter in your hands, then it means you are the right person for recruitment in civil services post and to occupy this position, you need a little more preparation at interview time whose tips are given below.
- Firstly, read your resume carefully and get ready to answer every question asked from it.
- Arrive at interview venue at correct time and make a good entry there.
- Illustrate every asked thing by giving some example of it.
- Be honest with your answers.
PCS Preparation Material
It is advised to candidates to read from these books and magazines while preparing for PCS exam.
- For History, Geography, Civics, and Economics: NCERT books from Std. 6 to 12
- For Ecology: NCERT Biology book for class XII
- Ethics in Public Administration: A Philosophical Approach by Patrick J. Sheeran,
- Introduction to the Constitution of India by D.D. Basu
- India’s Struggle for Independence by Bipan Chandra
- Down To Earth by Society for Environmental Communications
- Economic and Political Weekly by Sameeksha Trust
- Yojana by Publications Division
- World Focus
- Times Of India
- Hindustan Times
- Indian Express
We the team of bharatrecruitment.com hopes that the above PCS preparation tips and techniques will definitely help you in scoring good marks in your PCS Entrance Exam 2015. As position under civil services post is of great regard so you must do regular practice and came with full confidence at exam time.
You may also like to Read
|PSC Notification||How to Prepare For Written Exam|
|Sports Quiz||Political Current Affairs|
|Best Career Options||National and Public Holidays in India|
|Latest Govt. Jobs by State||Latest Freshers jobs|
|Upcoming Jobs in Medical Sector||Upcoming Railway Jobs|