How To Prepare For IES Exam 2015
Indian Engineering Services Examination (IES) is conducted by UPSC every year, for the recruitment of the candidates. Candidates who want to know that how To Prepare For IES Exam 2015 they are on the correct page, here we are providing you very helpful UPSC IES Preparation Tips & Strategies.
At present there are lots of career options available for engineers across areas, in private and government sectors still the best and prominent career in Civil services like Indian Engineering Services (IES). Through IES a candidates enhance their career in most supposed government departments such as Central Engineering Services, Indian Railways, Indian Army, Central Water Services, Telecommunication Department, and other.
UPSC IES Preparation Tips & Strategies
1- Practice Hard:
Regularly practice for the exam will helpful to achieve a level of satisfaction and decrease the errors. Solve as many as numerical you can solve, it will surely increase your speed and enhance your confidence.
2- Set Your Targets:
Aspirants must have to set their targets every day to set the goal to complete a certain section according with syllabus. It is necessary for the candidates to focus on the preparation.
3- Time Management:
Time management is the main thing at the time of preparation so, manage your time accordingly. Spend more time on topics / subjects that you may find difficult. A lengthy chapter requires more time and efforts rather than a short chapter, so try to finish it first. You should note down the time you take to solve a particular question..
4- Identify Your Strength And Weaknesses:
You must know about what is your strength and weakness, should identify the areas in which you are lacking and in which you are good. It will give you a clear idea of the factors that you have to work hard to turn your weaknesses into strength.
5- Be Disciplined:
When you are preparing for the IES exam it requires your commitment, you have to be disciplined with the preparation. Make a planned and structured time table. Try to have a balanced life with proper sleeping and eating habits it helps one to remain calm and composed during exam preparation.
6- Note Down key Points:
A key to a successful exam is clarity of main concepts. You should make short notes of important formulas, theories, key points, that will prove beneficial at the time of revision.
7- Positive Attitude:
When we are preparing for the exam at that time negative thoughts confuse our minds. But that is not the time for any confusion or negative thinking you should always remain positive and should try hard to achieve more. Try to start with the chapter which you are confident about.
8- Study According To Pattern:
You should study according to the pattern of previous year’s question papers / modal papers that will help you to get aware with the marks allocation as well as pattern.
9- Know How of IES 2015 Syllabus:
You should be well familiar with the weight age of each and every chapter it will help you prepare in a better way. Marking scheme should be clear and concise in your mind.
10- Find a Best Coaching:
Many coaching institutes provide wide study material and coaching for IES under guidance of highly qualified experts. You can get yourself enrolled in such institute to learn new shortcut methods to solve a question.
At The Time Of Exam
- The first thing while a candidate solving the question papers is to make use of their time optimally.
- The Paper-I is an objective paper which consists of 120 questions that is equally based on English and General Studies.
- If questions are boring and very time consuming it is advised to solve those questions after completion of rest of the paper.
- When candidates solve the comprehension part firstly must read the passage then read the asked question after that mark the lines which are related to the questions.
- If you are not able to solve a particular question then don’t waste your time on it. Shift to the other questions and attempt the hard and lengthy question at the end.
- While solving technical objective papers, try to solve the questions on theory first
- If some diagram is required try to make well labeled and neat diagram with freehand sketch.
- Write formulae in the numerical, S.I units of concerned quantities and answers as well.
You may also like to Read
|UPSC Exam Pattern||UPSC Calendar|
|UPSC Study Material||UPSC Eligibility Criteria|