How To Prepare For CLAT 2015
Candidates participating in next Common Law Admission Test frequently ask that How to Prepare for CLAT 2015?. We have provided CLAT Preparation Tips with Books/Study Material here in this section to help those candidates who are finding the solution of “How to Prepare for CLAT 2015?”
This Page Includes:
- CLAT Exam Pattern
- CLAT Preparation Tips
- Preparation Books
- Otther Related Links
CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test is an all India entrance examination organized for aspirant desire to study the law courses – undergraduate (Legum Baccalaureus – LLB) and postgraduate (Legum Magister – LLM). The exam is hold by National Law Universities on a rotational basis.
Before learning the preparation tips, we need to understand the exam pattern of CLAT exam. Have a look on the details, which are unfolded below.
CLAT Exam pattern
- Total marks: 200
- Total number of questions: 200
- Duration of the exam: 2 hours
|English including comprehension||40|
|General Knowledge (GK)/ Current Affairs||50|
|Elementary mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20|
- Total marks: 150
- Duration: 2 hours
|Long essay type descriptive questions that cover Constitutional Law and Jurisprudence||100 marks – 4 questions of 25 marks each|
|Multiple-choice questions that cover all compulsory law subjects prescribed by the Bar Council of India for the Under-Graduate Course except Constitutional Law and Jurisprudence||50 marks – 50 questions of 1 mark each|
CLAT Preparation Tips
This test will investigate the proficiency of the participant in English. This section contains comprehension and grammar. You have to understand the passage and represent your answer accordingly in the comprehension section. You will face some sentences having some grammatical errors, word meanings, fill in the blanks, and the like you will have to fix them by applying correct grammar usage.
Preparing for CLAT- English
- You can prepare yourself for English by going back to the basics of grammar and re-polish once again.
- Reading an English Newspaper and Magazines are proved as the most innovating and affective ways to improve English Knowledge, you can go by that.
- Learn some new words daily with their synonyms and antonyms. This will help you in understanding the comprehension thoroughly.
- Try to solve previous questions; you can participate in online English tests to examine your preparation status of English.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- This test is all about to assess the current affairs and general awareness of the participant.
- You need to keep a sharp eye on the latest happenings within India and around the world.
- Read latest GK and current affair books regularly to get updated with the old and latest stuff.
- Go through the previous year question papers to get pattern of the occurrence of the questions and prepare accordingly
- You can attempt various mock tests available online.
- This test contains elementary Mathematics of level class X. It holds 20 marks and if you prepare well, you can score full marks.
- Again it will be beneficial to solve previous year’s question papers. You can observe that which topics are being repeated every year. Prepare them first and then go to the next topics.
- Be clear to every concept and formulas. If you have a clear technique of applying formulas to the problem, it will be easy for you to answer them.
- If you think you’re not so good in Mathematics, you can go for the tuitions by experts.
This section examines the candidate on how inclined he is towards law, his expertise in research and his ability to solve problems. The questions will include legal principles that have to be applied to certain situations. The candidate will have to judge the situation and come up with an apt conclusion or solution.
Preparing for CLAT – Legal Aptitude
- You can go through the past question papers and solve as many problems as possible
- Understand the question thoroughly and come to a logical conclusion
- Try to time yourself when you are attempting this section so that you know exactly how much time is to be spent on each question
This test assesses the ability of the participants about logical decisions, the identify patterns, spot correct arguments and the like. It will comprise questions from syllogism, analogies, logical sequence, and the like.
Preparing for CLAT – Logical Reasoning
- Refer to past question papers so that you have an idea as to what to expect in the exam
- Refer to logical reasoning books and solve as many problems as possible
- Take as many online tests as possible
- Learn tricks and short cuts to solve the problems easily
- Design time-management strategy through which you can able to attempt each question and not leave out any. The strategy will also focus on how much time you need to devote to each question.
CLAT Preparation Books/Study Material
- Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) by Student Aid Publications
- Model Test Papers For CLAT & LL.B by A P Bhardwaj
- CLAT 2013 Common Law Admission Test by Expert Compilations
- CLAT And LLB Entrance Examination: Study Package by A. P Bhardwaj
|CLAT Counselling||CLAT Result 2015|
|CLAT Admit Card 2015||CLAT Answer Key 2015|
|CLAT Coaching Institute||CLAT 2015 Application Form|
|Best Colleges in India||Top Law Colleges in India|