How To Prepare For CDS 2015
Applicants who are preparing for CDS exam, for those here on this page we are providing UPSC CDS Exam Preparation Tips and Strategies to crack this exam. Candidates may acquire some easy steps of How to Prepare for CDS 2015 from the below section.
Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) is organized by the Union Public Service Commission two times in a year for hiring eligible and talented candidates into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.
As we know that to crack this exam, is not an easy task, you have to prepare well and do lots of hard work for achieving your goal, that’s why we are supplying some tricks and strategies for you. This will help you in the preparation of the exam in an easiest way.
How to Prepare for CDS 1 2015
Paper I English
Preparation for Verbal Ability in English:
- The standard of this paper is simple and as it include questions from general English.
- Preparation from any grammar book would be enough for Verbal Ability in English.
For preparation of vocabulary:
- Practicing of Vocabulary can be done in the following mode either in online or offline. In this kind of questions, usually a word is given, followed by four.
- Candidate is required to select the word which is the close word meaning of the specified word.
- For online preparation, candidates may go through the online site for vocabulary.com as one of the finest website. Applicants can use to study additional words to add in their vocabulary.
Get the complete CDS Syllabus
For Reading Comprehension:
- To comprehend means to understand. Reading comprehension tests involve the capability of a candidate to recognize the content of a given passage.
- This section comprises questions based upon a short passage generally consisting one paragraph.
- Commonly the level of this section is standard and so is simple to achieve good more.
- Candidates have to read as many as passages or articles you could read either from the newspapers or magazines and try to be aware of the theme.
Tips for reading comprehension
- Read the passage carefully and become aware of the theme.
- Understand the questions carefully.
- Answer the questions by selecting the right option.
You may also get the CDS Sample Papers for the better preparation of the exam.
For error detection and correction:
R S Aggarwal’s objective General English, Arihant’s General English are some of the books you can refer to prepare for Error detection and correction.
For Preparation of sentence Completion:
- In this section the candidates have to choose the most efficient word from the given words to fill in the vacant blank to make the sentence more meaningful and understanding.
- The only tip for planning this section is the capability to learn the usage of word in a particular situation.
- Reading comprehension tests check the candidate’s capability to understand the content of a given passage.
- This section involves question based upon a short passage generally consisting in a paragraph.
Paper II (General Knowledge)
Preparation for General awareness and General Knowledge
Tips for General awareness
- General awareness is one of the major topics and accurate preparation is necessary while preparing for this test.
- For those who study history subjects from the textbooks, you may get the topics dull and ordinary. To resolve this you can surf through the videos provided on the internet based on course of Indian History.
- For preparing Current Affairs, read the daily newspapers, magazines & watch news on television. Latest Current Affairs
- Applicants scan also read the competition magazines like Pratiyogita Darpan to read more on current affairs. For General science, Economics and Indian polity we would advise Lucent’s general knowledge book.
Paper III (Elementary Mathematics)
Preparation for Aptitude
- The level of Aptitude is getting complicated in CDS, but it’s still the most scoring section in the competition.
- The section of aptitude comprises of Decimal part, Simplification question, Profit & Loss, Ratio & Proportion and Simple Interest, Geometry and Mensuration Percentage.
- Candidates may practice form the school textbooks upto class 8th.