How To Join NDA
Those aspirants who have completed their qualification like 10th / 12th / Graduation and want to know that how to join NDA they are on the right place here they can get the procedure and steps to join NDA. The National Defence Academy (NDA) is the Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces, where cadets of the three services like Indian Army, Indian navy and Indian Air force.
To join national defence academy candidates have to clear the entrance examination which is conducted by the union public service commission. The exam is conducted twice in a year normally in the month of March and August.
Applicants who want to join national defence academy firstly they should choose their preference for the two academies that is National Defence Academy and Naval Academy (Executive Branch). If aspirants choose for NDA, then he has to give their preferences for the three divisions of NDA like Army, Navy, Air force, followed by his preference for Naval Academy.
NDA After 10th:
Applicants who have done their high schools and want to join national defence academy, it is sorry to say that they can’t join NDA on the basis of 10th. Candidates have to complete the intermediate to join this sector.
NDA After 12th:
After completion of the intermediate, most of the candidates want to join Defence sector. To join NDA after 12th candidates have to clear the entrance test after that qualified candidates will be called for the SSB multiple rounds of interviews. The candidates will also have to go through a psychology test and Group task conducted by the SSB.
NDA After Graduation:
Being a part of defence academy like Indian navy, Army or Air force in a matter of pride. Applicants may join NDA after the graduation and the brave woman can also become a part of Indian Army after completion of the graduation. Candidates have to qualify the entrance exam and then SSB interview to join Defence sector.
Procedure to Join NDA After 12th/Graduation:
- The Union Public Service Commission of India holds the entrance exam for the candidates who had submitted the application for selection in NDA.
- The UPSC is completely responsible for the finance for conducting the entrance exam and for providing the guidelines for selection from the entrance.
- Candidate who want to apply should have completed 16 ½ years but must be below 19 years by 1st January and 1st July of the succeeding year of examination
- The person applied for the exam must be unmarried until their full training is over
- For Army service the candidates should have passed plus two or equivalent tests conducted by the state government
- Applicants should have taken the study stream of commerce, arts, medical and non medical.
- If any aspirants want to join naval or air force they must have completed the 12th with mathematics and physics subjects in their stream.
- The examination is out of 900 marks. Paper I maths 300 and and Paper II General Ability 600
- In short the procedures of NDA are a written exam, SSB interview, and a medical test
- Applicants should be mentally and physically fit and should be free from any sickness interfering with the military performance
- The candidate should be free from any underweight, bodily defects and obese. The training duration for the qualified applicants are as follows:
- for naval cadets 3 years at NDA along with 1 year at naval Academy
- for Army candidates I year at NDA and I year at the IMA
- For naval candidates along with 1 year at NDA 1 ½ years at AFA Hyderabad.
- Females are not eligible to join NDA.
Dear applicants! If you like a disciplined life and want to do something for country, then you should choose the defence sector like, Indian army, air force and navy. Being a part of defence is the matter of pride and honor.
Check Important Updates
|Latest UPSC Recruitment||UPSC Calendar|
|NDA Admit Card||Latest Government Jobs|
|Civil Services As A Career Option||Employment News With Live Updates|