Current Affairs February 2015
Contestants, who are starting their preparation for any of the competitive exam in this month, may have to get the Current Affairs February 2015 before going to appear in exam. Now a day, in every field, the competition is too high to obtain the jobs in a concerned field either in Govt. fields or private sector.
The competitive applicants may download the latest updated information about Current Affairs February 2015 such as latest Questions & Answers related to exam and preparation books in the PDF format in English or Hindi language etc, which is provided below by the experts of bharatrecruitment.com.
Highlights February 2015
- Union Government releases Commemorative Postage Stamps on Swachh Bharat Mission
- MiG-21 fighter aircraft crashed in Gujarat’s Jamnagar
- Senior IPS officer Krishna Chaudhary appointed as new ITBP DG
- Canada announced an anti-terror law criminalising public terror threats, strengthening CSIS
- First Canister-based Agni-V missile successfully test-fired
- National Awards for e-Governance announced
- SC directs search engines to block sex determination advertisements.
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar appointed as new Foreign Secretary.
- Railway Minister launched Wi-Fi broadband services at Ahmedabad station.
- Union Government to sell up to 10% stake in Coal India Limited (CIL).
- Committee on Infrastructure Development approved development of no-frill airports at Ajmer, Belgaum.
- India challenges WTO panel’s ruling in US poultry case to DSB.
- Serena Williams of US won the women’s single title of Australian Open 2015.
- K Durga Prasad appointed as Special DG of CRPF.
- India successfully test-fired canister-based ICBM Agni-5 missile.
- DP Sinha appointed as secretary (security) in the cabinet secretariat.
- PETA announced to create India’s first fenced elephant sanctuary near Bengaluru.
- Union Government divested 10 percent stake in Coal India Limited.
- GTU launched e-Raksha Research Centre to fight cybercrime
- India, U.S. sign three MoUs on smart cities.
- RBI signed an MoU on Supervisory Cooperation with Banco Central do Brasil.\
- TRAI issues draft rules for full mobile number portability.
- CCEA approved mandatory packaging of food-grains, sugar in Jute material for the Jute Year 2014-15.
- National Voters Day observed on 25th January every year.
- CCEA approved HDFC Bank’s proposal to raise foreign holding limit to 74 per cent.
- RBI constituted High Powered Committee headed by R Gandhi on Urban Cooperative Banks.
Ques1. Proposed Kowada Nuclear Power Plant is located in which of the following states of India?
B. Andhra Pradesh
Ques2. Recently, India and United States have signed an agreement to develop three smart cities in India. Which one of the following is not one of that?
Ques3. Which among the following countries ranks first in terms of per capita emission of carbon dioxide?
A. Trinidad and Tobago
Ques4. With the assistance of which of the following bodies, the National Cyclone Risk Mitigation Project (NCRMP) was launched in India?
A. World Bank
B. Asian Development Bank
C. United Nation
Ques5. Jaswant Singh Rajput, who passed away recently, was associated with which sports?
Ques6. The Operation Ice Bridge, is the largest airborne survey of Earth’s polar ice ever flown was launched by ____?
Ques7. Which among the following drugs is popularly known as “meow meow”?
Ques8. The Iguazu Falls, which is listed in seven wonders of nature, is located in which country?
Ques9. Who among the following has been appointed as the new chairman of Sangeet Natak Akademi in January 2015?
A. Arundathi Nag
B. Phani Sarma
C. Shekhar Sen
D. Raghubir Yadav
Ques10. The PACE is the flagship program between the U.S. and India to work jointly on which of the following?
A. Energy security and clean energy
B. Greenhouse gases emission
C. Trade relation
D. Space operation
Ques11. Which among the following countries is the venue for ICC Cricket World Cup-2019?
C. South Africa
Ques12. Which among the following cities is nick named as “Mile High City”?
D. New York
Ques13. In which of the following years, Project Crocodile was launched in India?
Ques14. Who among the following has been appointed as new chairman of the African Union?
A. Omar al-Bashir
B. Morgan Tsvangirai
C. Robert Mugabe
D. Olusegun Obasanjo
Ques15. Zhelyu Zhelev, who passed away recently, was the first democratically elected president of which country?
Ques16. The Kanjhli wetland, one of the Ramsar site is located in which of the following states?
D. Jammu & Kashmir
Ques17. The Yangko dance is a traditional folk dance of which one of the following countries?
Ques18. The 24th African Union heads of state summit was recently kicked off in _____?
A. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
B. Porto-Novo, Benin
C. Cairo, Egypt
D. Gabon, Libreville
Ques19. Which among the following airports has become the world’s busiest airport for international traffic?
A. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
B. Dubai International Airport
C. London’s Heathrow Airport
D. Las Vegas Airport
Ques20. Who among the following is the head of the panel formed RBI to look into parameters for urban co-operative banks, recently?
A. Bimal Jalan
B. R Gandhi
C. Urjit Patel
D. Y V Reddy
More Useful Links
|Government Jobs||Freshers Jobs|
|Interview Tips||Written Examination Tips|
|Career in Indian Railway||Career Option|