Current Affairs December 2014
- Applicants who are going to appear in any entrance exam they need Current Affairs December 2014 to collect recent knowledge. Applicants can get the Questions & Answers (Hindi/ English in Pdf from the below section.
- Question and Answers are also available to provide you a glimpse of the latest happenings in India and around the world.
- Contenders can get help in the competitive exams, interviews by the acknowledgment of Happenings and Miss Happenings, which are giving in this section of current affair.
- This current affair section includes happenings like Iconic Mexican comedian Chespirito died at 85, Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Nepal, RBI released Guidelines for Licensing of Small Finance Banks in the Private Sector and many others.
- Now, we are providing you some questions and answers related to the Current affairs December 2014 which may prove beneficial in preparations of competitive exams.
December 2014 Current Affairs Highlights
- Crime novelist PD James died at the age of 94
- Two Indians authors among the list of five shortlisted for DSC Prize for the year 2015
- 18th SAARC Summit held in Kathmandu, Nepal
- SAARC Countries signed Energy Pact to ensure electricity trading through grid connectivity
- Anoop Mishra appointed as new Secretary General of Lok Sabha
- Rajya Sabha passed Apprentices (Amendment) Bill, 2014
- 37th Jamnalal Bajaj Foundation Awards for the year 2014 presented
- Scientists at Katholieke University found new method to turn sawdust into petrol
- Lok Sabha passed Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Orders (Amendment) Bill, 2014
- Union Government launched Electronic Travel Authorization Scheme for 43 countries
- RBI to sell 12000 crore rupees govt bonds through Open Market Operations
- Iconic Mexican comedian Chespirito died at 85
- India and Mozambique signed MoU for cooperation in Oil and Gas sector
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Nepal
- Telangana Assembly passed TS-iPASS Bill 2014
- RBI released guidelines for Licensing of Payments Banks
- Artists from 5 countries create artworks out of industrial scrap at Abhisaran
- India offered polio vaccine along with other deliverables for SAARC countries
- 18th SAARC Summit issued Kathmandu Declaration
- Book titled Your Dreams Are Mine Now: She Showed him What Love was released
- Book titled Black Tornado: The Three Sieges of Mumbai 26/11 released
- RBI released Guidelines for Licensing of Small Finance Banks in the Private Sector
- Forest Owlet spotted in Western Ghats
- Delhi & District Cricket Association re-appointed Yashpal Sharma as chairman
December 2014 Current Affair Question and Answers
Question 1. Ginni Rometty recently became the first woman CEO of which multi-national Company?
Question 2. Who has been awarded with the “Bharat Asmita” award for contribution in the field of operations management, quantitative methods, data structures, algorithms and discrete mathematics?
Ans.) Trilochan Sashtri
Question 3.With which Television Channel, The Independent Documentary Producers’ Association (IDPA) has signed a five year contract on 27th Nov’14 to showcase documentaries from across India?
Ans.) Doordarshan. Under the MoU, the documentary makers will be paid substantially, which will help them to recover their costs to an extent
Question.4. Who recently became the first cricketer to play in 100 test wins?
Ans.) Ricky Ponting
Question 5. Philip Huges, Australian Cricketer who has passed away on 27th Nov’14 due to head injury played for which team?
Ans.) New South Wales
Question.6.The Capital of the newly formed country South Sudan is:
Question 7. Gangasagar Mela, known as the second largest congregation of mankind, second only to the Kumbha Mela, was recently held at:
Ans.) Sagar Island
Question.8. Name the book written by Indian President Pranab Mukherjee that will be published in the December’14?
Ans.) “The Dramatic Decade: The Indira Gandhi Years”
Question 9. Name the State Bank of India’s Mutual Fund scheme launched on 26th Nov’14 aimed at attracting investments from Muslim populations of India?
Ans.) Shariah Equity Fund
Question 10. How many countries will be eligible for the tourist visa on arrival facility enabled by electronic travel authorization launched on 27th Nov’14 in India?
Ans.) 43 Countries. It will make travel seamless and hassle-free for foreign tourist in India.
|Government Jobs||Freshers Jobs|
|Interview Tips||Written Examination Tips|
|Career in Indian Railway||Career Option|