Aspirants may check whole CSAT Syllabus 2016 here on this page for UPSC CSAT Prelims / Mains Exam. The previous year question papers (booklets) and CSAT Syllabus can be downloaded online in PDF Format from the official website.
Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) Exam 2016 is prearranged by UPSC every year for the selection of skilled and qualified candidates and it is divided into two parts, CSAT (Prelims) and Civil Services Mains Exams.
Here we, bharatrecruitment.com are presenting the entire details of CSAT Syllabus 2016 for Prelims and Mains exam.
CSAT Preliminary Exam Pattern & Syllabus:
This exam is divided into two sections:
- Paper I (General Studies and current Affairs)
- Papers II (General Aptitude)
Paper I Syllabus (200 Marks) Time duration: 2 hours
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Current events of national and international importance
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc
- General Science.
Paper II Syllabus (200 Marks) Time duration: 2 hours
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc -Class X level)
CSAT Main Exam Patten & Syllabus:
- This exam consist total 9 qualifying papers and includes descriptive type questions.
- Time duration will be of three hours.
|Paper-I||One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 18 languages included in the 8th Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper)||300 Marks|
|Paper-II||English (Qualifying Paper)||300 Marks|
|Papers IV & V||General Studies (300 Marks for each paper)||600 Marks|
|Papers VI, VII, VIII & IX||Any two subjects (each having 2 papers) to be selected from the prescribed optional subjects (300 marks for each paper)||1200 Marks|
Main Exam contains following optional subjects:
|CSAT Main Exam Optional Papers|
|Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science||Mathematics|
|Commerce & Accountancy||Political Science & International Relations|
|Electrical Engineering||Public Administration|
Candidates can prepare according to above provided CSAT Syllabus 2016 for better preparation. You may also get other study material and preparation tips through our web portal to get success in your exams.
You may also like to Read
|UPSC Exam Pattern||UPSC Calendar|
|UPSC Study Material||UPSC Eligibility Criteria|
|UPSC IAS Notification||UPSC Notification|
|UPSC Recruitment||Latest Sarkari Naukri|
Note: For more details please visit the official site