CMAT Preparation Tips, Books, Strategy
Applicants who are going to participate in CMAT exam and they don’t know how to prepare for this exam, then they don’t need to worry about it. They can easily check CMAT Preparation Tips and relevant study material, Books from the below stated section. Contenders may also get Strategy to Clear CMAT Entrance Exam from this page.
Common Management Admission Test is a national rank admission examination for admission of eligible candidates in all management programs recognized by AICTE. Generally, Common Management Admission Test is held twice a year firstly in the months of Feb and secondly in the month of Sept.
CMAT Preparation Tips
Work on weaker sections:
- This is actually main stage of preparation that you should start working on your weaker sections.
- Candidates should recognize that which sections are taking lot of time for preparation and may practice for that section to consume more time compared to others. Identify them and rectify them to enhance your performance in the exam.
Start early preparation:
- Candidates who are planning to participate in the exam may go through exam schedule, to start your preparation well before time.
- One should start preparing for the exam at least 6 months before the exam. It will help you to increase your confidence and your scores as well.
Take mock exams:
- To get familiar with the exam pattern aspirants should practice mock test papers as much as you can.
- It will provide clear idea what type of questions are to be asked in the exam and what will be the complicated level of each question.
Work on speed and accuracy:
- This is one area on which each candidate should focus. This is the best way to increase your score.
- If you can complete your exam before the given time with high accuracy, your score card will increase.
Prepare short notes:
- While preparing for the exam and going through the basic concept candidates are advised to make short notes to prepare easily.
- It will help in revision as you do not need to go through the books again and again to see formulas and concepts.
Revise & Revise:
- Revise as much as you can is only mantra for victory. It will help you to brush up your preparation and in gaining more self-confidence.
- The more you revise, the more you get recognizable with idea and fundamentals of subjects. In short, revision is the key for your success.
Candidates are also advised to check the MBA Entrance Exam Calendar
Avoid random guess:
- Candidates are to be informed that there is negative marking in the exam, for each wrong answer one mark will be deducted.
- It is really significant even during your preparation you should stay away from random guess. Make a guess only when you are extremely sure that your guess will hit the right mark.
Clear your basic concepts:
- Many questions will be based on your 10+ 2 and graduation level syllabus, perception and theories.
- To score well, it is essential that you should brush up your basic concepts.
CMAT Preparation Books
Buy books for preparation:
At the time of preparation you should consult three or four different preparation books. It will help you to get a clear idea what type of question will be asked in different sections.
- Book on CMAT Preparation by Arihant –
- CMAT Entrance Guide By Disha-
- CMAT: A Complete Manual for Common Management Admission Test
- CMAT Entrance Guide
- Test Funda
Strategy to Clear CMAT Entrance Exam
Following steps will help anyone to clear this exam:
- Firstly crack the section in which you are confident. If you feel you are good in logical reasoning or general awareness, go with that section. This will increase your self-confidence for the rest of the exam.
- Candidates are advised to use complete three hours during examination. You have to solve 100 questions in 180 minutes, so don’t go fast for the test.
- Give more time to long questions.
- Do more and more practice of calculation method for solving mathematical questions.
- Solve online mock tests available on different sites and you can register yourself too.
- If you cannot crack any question then don’t stick with that question as it will reduce your possibility for attempting more questions.
- If you are weak in mathematics subject, then improve your knowledge by solving entrance books.
For more query you may log on to face book and Google +.