Career In Indian Railway
Career is a big issue for all of us and there are thousands of career opportunities available for job seekers. It has become complex to select the best and suitable one as a career option. Career in Indian Railway after 10th/12th/Graduation/B. Tech is the most preferred field for career and the scope in this government sector, is amongst one of the finest jobs. There are lots of departments and firms which offers the occupation in Private sector also not only after graduation but after 10th /12th too. Indian railway is a central government service which gives opportunity to the different differing students to enhance their future by making career in Indian Railway.
Indian Railways is acknowledged as the ‘Lifeline of our Nation’. It is the World’s fourth largest railway network having 17 different zones. Those require a large numbers of people to handle the different zones from base to top level. Being fundamental of the nation, Indian railways recruit thousands of suitable candidates per year. Indian railway is a governmental association and provides many benefits to its employees. Such as, a good salary package along with lots of benefits.
Railway employees get a full life free travel facility in all trains across India even with their complete family. Apart from free travel, they get medical care at railways’ hospital. Many other benefits like quotas at promotion, women empowerment, sports and also offers few scholarships for higher education.
This sector has a good scope for the people who have been looking ahead for the stability in both financial and service terms. Besides it also suits the personality and work style of the candidate.
Railway services are classified as follows :
- Railway Services Group A
- Railway Services, Group B
- Railway Services, Group C
- Railway Services, Group D
- Workshop Staff ( Group C & D )
Group Posts Details & What to Study?
Group ‘A’ Posts –>
- Group A posts is performed by UPSC and aspirants are appointed through Civil Service Exam, Engineering Service Exam, and Combined Medical Service Examination.
- Education- Required qualification is Graduate/Post Graduate.
Group ‘B’ Posts –>
- This posts are not open to directly. The Group B posts tie Section Officers Grade- upgraded posts from Group ‘C’ railway employees on group of representatives basis.
- Education- Graduate / Post Graduate is required for an individual to apply.
Group ‘C’ Posts –>
- Technical and Non-Technical cadre posts like Clerk, Station Master, Ticket Collector, Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice, Engineering posts (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Signal & Telecommunication) etc.
- Eligibility- Minimum 10th class pass/12th/Graduation/Diploma/ ITI or equivalent.
Group ‘D’ Posts –>
- Posts include inn this group are in various disciplines; Trackman, Helper, Assistant Points Man, Safaiwala/Safaiwali, Gunman, Peon etc.
- Requirement- ‘Minimum 8th Class Pass and maximum 10th’ is the requirement for candidates desire to apply for above mentioned posts in railway.
The students qualified with 8th, 10th level to graduation level are acceptable to make their career with Indian Railways. If you want to build up your career secure and brighter then Indian railways is a good choice because it provides the government based jobs to the students even after Graduation/12/10th.
In Railway Recruitment Board, officer ranks are separated into 4 groups. Therefore, the Pay Scale is also different for these groups. In the below asserted table Railway Salary Structure Package can be obtainable:
|A||8700 to 10000||Manager, General Manager|
|B||4800 to 7600||Chief Yard Master, Station Supervisor and others|
|C||2000 to 4600||Junior Engineer, Loco Pilot, Train Ticket Examiner and others|
|D||1800 to 1900||Track Man, Helper, Track Maintainer and others|
Written Examination is the base of selection for capable aspirants. And there is no Interview after the written exam. Particularly for (Group A & B) categories there is a Viva after the exam and for other categories there is a Skill Test (typing or stenography) and for \ section related to operational safety like Assistant Station Master, Assistant Loco Pilot, there will be an Aptitude Test organized.
Indian Railway Recruitment Zones:
Indian Railways functional framework is divided into sum of 17 zones, which are further sub-divided into various city wise divisions as follow:
- Central Railway (CR) – Mumbai
- Western Railway (WR) – Mumbai
- East Central Railway (ECR) – Hajipur
- East Coast Railway (ECoR) – Bhubaneswar
- North Central Railway (NCR) – Allahabad
- North Eastern Railway (NER) – Gorakhpur
- North Western Railway (NWR) – Jaipur
- Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) – Guwahati
- Northern Railway Railway (NR) – Delhi
- South Central Railway (SCR) – Secunderabad
- South East Central Railway (SECR) – Bilaspur
- South Eastern Railway (SER) – Kolkata
- Metro Railway, Kolkata – Kolkata
- Eastern Railway (ER) – Kolkata
- South Western Railway (SWR) – Hubli
- Southern Railway (SR) – Chennai
- West Central Railway (WCR) – Jabalpur
List of career opportunities after 12th/10th in railway sector are:
- Railway Ticket Collector
- Typist etc…
- Railway clerk
- Assistant Loco pilot
- Railway Constable
- Railway driver
- Goods guards
List of career options after Graduation are:
- Department of engineering services; Assistant, Junior Engineer, Signal Section, Assistant Station Master, Depot Material superintendent, Electrical Divisional Engineer etc.
- Department of account services; Chief Accounts Officers/Financial Advisors, Divisional Accounts Officer, Senior Divisional Accounts Officer
There are also many other departments in which we can create up our career. Opportunities are always knocking at the door, if you people choose the correct field of career matching up with you nature, ability, interest and also talent then you can boost up you future with a great bang start. Every student amongst many, dreams to have a secure and successful career. So guys, choose such a jobs field where you can set you mind and can easily achieve success and Indian railway sector is a awesome opt. to be adopted as one’s career.
You may also like to Read
|RRB Notifications||RRB Employment News|
|Best Railway Coaching Institutes||RRB Interview Question and Answer|
|Railway Exam Question Paper||RRB Syllabus|
|How to Prepare for Railway||How to Apply for Railway Exams|