Career In Airforce After 12th/Graduation
Whenever the name come Indian Air Force, it brings a sense of Pride and zeal in the eyes of every Indian. Working with Indian Air Force, one can find himself among the middle of greatest people whose work is based on Supersonic jets and state-of-the-art technology.
If we discuss about the career aspect in Air Force then Career in Airforce after 12th/Graduation is a spectacular option that provides you modern facilities for Training and Unmatched opportunities of Jobs with best scope of future.
Being working in Indian Air Force (IAF), one can finds himself in surroundings where the greatest in you comes out. The different career opportunities offered in Indian Air Force embraces both technical and non technical fields. Trained in various fields and surroundings, you are prepared for all the challenges that the quick life in the Air Force requires.
There is a big opportunity for youngsters who have passed 12th in Science Stream with Physics and Maths as subjects to join the duty of Officer in the IAF. For this, you need to appear for the exam of the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination organized by the Union Public Service Commission two times in a year in all major cities all over India.
This is the initial stage to short list the candidates for a very strict 3 year training at National Defence Academy Khadakwasla to appoint for the Posts of Officers and Pilots at one of the Air Force Stations.
Air Force creates opportunities for both male and female candidates to join the Air Force as Officers. Candidates are required to participate in an Examination like AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) for initial selection. Thereafter, they have to undergo training at any of the Air Force training stations. After the successful completion of the training, they are engaged for the Post of Officers.
Jobs in IAF:
Indian Air Force includes the Job Opportunities like Officer in the flying, technical or the ground duty fields according to the educational qualification. These three fields of the IAF have additional sub-streams:
- Flying Branch: In this field, one can work as Fighter pilots, Transport pilots and Helicopter pilots for the period of peace and war. If you have completed Graduation, then you can join the flying branch through CDS exam (men), AFCAT (men & women), NCC special entry (men). After Intermediate, you can also join by passing the NDA/ NA examination.
- Technical Branch: This branch is associated with Mechanical and Electronics that involves taking concern of some of the sophisticated equipments. You can enter into this branch by qualifying the AFCAT exam or through University Entry Scheme (UES.)
- Ground Duty Branch: One can work in departments like Administration, Accounts, Logistics, Education, and Meteorology for maintaining human & material resource/ organizing funds, internal auditor/ air traffic controller by qualifying AFCAT.
Salary and Scope:
You can earn a monthly remuneration of Rs. 21,000 during you final year of training even before you have become an Air Force Officer.
The monthly Stipend of the Officers would be:
- Flying branch: Rs. 74,264
- Technical branch: Rs. 65,514
- Ground duty branch: Rs. 63,014
The IAF field is fully engaged with the successful career opportunities in various Air Force branches as mentioned above for a bright future. Working in IAF, one can establish a safe and secure future for oneself and his/her family.